Donnerstag, 15. Februar 2007

Getting started oder Aller Anfang ist schwer

Our esteemed IT translation guru Nick Rosenthal (visit his blog at http://www.salftrans.co.uk/blog/oversetter.htm ) has talked me into this, unter dem Motto "Blogging can every".

What do I want to share? I'm a member of a number of translators' groups and networks, and I am constantly thrilled and amazed at the amount of information and resources the internet has made accessible. It has completely revolutionised the way we research terminology and subject knowledge. So I want to share which sites and resources are worth a visit and/or investment, and which are not.

I also want to share my knowledge and experience of conferences and events, and will let you know where I've been, why, and whether I would recommend it.

As you can gather from my profile, I read a lot. So sometimes I will talk about books, articles, linguistic challenges, or other things that have caught my attention.

I hope what I have to share will be interesting to many of my friends and colleagues. It might be helpful, save you time, or perhaps just amuse you. Some of the postings will be in English, some in German. Some will be about the intricacies of having a foot in both camps, and many of you will know what I'm talking about.

Please come and visit occasionally, and share your thoughts, wit & wisdom.

1 Kommentar:

Nick hat gesagt…

Super to see you have set yourself up a blog to record your thoughts!